Halloween is only 2 weeks away.
Is your pet’s Halloween costume ready? Today we are sharing our favorite Halloween costume ideas for pets and safety tips to keep in mind. After all, the best Halloween costume receives the most treats!
Here are some creative pet costumes we love:
You can’t go wrong with being a ghost…CLASSIC!
This adorable Martini, complete with olives.
The cutest bat you ever did see!
A real-life Beanie Baby!
Last but not least, a UPS dog. Now that’s what we call ironic!
You can find even more DIY Halloween costume inspiration on our Pinterest page.
With so many cute costume ideas out there, it’s important to keep in mind these safety tips for your pet this Halloween.
- When choosing a costume, make sure your pet is comfortable in it. Be sure that nothing is pinching his fur or is too tight. Make sure your pet can comfortably move around, go to the bathroom, and that he can see! Obstructing his vision is dangerous especially on an eventful night such as Halloween.
- If you want to give your dog Halloween treats, make sure they are SAFE to give him! Chocolate and candy can be toxic to pets, so keep the candy bowl out of reach. If you’re worried your dog may have eaten a piece of candy or chocolate, call your vet immediately. Remember that Nature’s Select pet food makes for a delicious treat too!
- If your family carves pumpkins and uses real candles, make sure your pet stays at a safe distance. Curious pets can accidentally knock it over and cause a fire. You can opt for an alternative to candles and use the flameless candles seen here.
- Some pets are afraid of strangers and can become stressed from the constant ringing of the doorbell from trick-or-treaters. Keep your pets in another room away from the door so they cannot dart outside due to fear.
- Lastly, if you plan on taking your pet with you while trick-or-treating, make sure you keep your dog on a leash with proper identification tags ensuring a safe Halloween holiday.